Bastille Day Soirée with KL Keller Foodways
Where & When
5655 College Ave., Oakland, CA 94618 (map)
July 14, 2016 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM
Bastille Day, formally called La Fête Nationale ("The National Celebration"), is celebrated every July 14 in France to commemorate the storming of the Bastille, the infamous prison fortress. Like Independence Day in the United States, Bastille Day memorializes the start of a political revolution aimed at replacing an absolute monarchy with a constitutional government.
And just like July 4th, Bastille Day offers us a day to celebrate with food, lots of it—French, of course! For our first ever store-wide Bastille Day Soirée, we are honored to host Kitty Keller of KL Keller Foodways (pictured below), America's importer of France's finest ingredients.
Kitty sources those harder-to-find French ingredients from the farmers and producers she has known for years. She will be on hand to tell the stories of how she came to find these products and, of course, offer tastes and recipe ideas.
5 reasons to visit our Bastille Day Soirée:
- Explore the differences between French sea salts like Fleur de Sel and Sel Gris
- Sample some of the world's best French cheeses at The Cheese Counter
- Taste our kitchen's Bastille Day Menu and then take home foods and throw your own fête
- Learn about high-end French pantry ingredients like Piment d'Espelette AOP, Banyuls Vinegar and J. Leblanc Walnut Oil
- Enjoy 10% off select French foods from KL Keller Foodways