Celebrate the Foods of Spain All May Long
Where & When
We first devoted a month to Spanish food in honor of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics (how has it been 25+ years!?) and have been celebrating the best of España every year since then.
This May, stop by Market Hall Foods and discover traditional regional ingredients from Spain—from iconic ingredients like tinned and jarred fish from Conservas Ortiz, saffron and Bomba paella rice to the hidden treasures of the Spanish table like Agustí Torelló Cava Vinegars, Marqués de Valdueza Orange Blossom Honey (from Seville bitter oranges), luscious Cod Fillets in Olive Oil and more.
Check in weekly for various activities, such as:
- Demos and tastings of Spanish meats, cheeses, olives, olive oils, vinegars, spices, tuna, tapa and more
- Enter to win a gift basket brimming with our favorite Spanish ingredients
- Savor special weekly menus from the Market Hall Foods Kitchen
- Annual Ortiz Fish Sale – 20% off tinned and jarred fish from Conservas Ortiz
- Expanded Spanish cheese selection at The Cheese Counter
HERE'S A TASTE
Demos & tastings: Learn How to Tapear Like a Pro
- Friday, May 4th, 4:00–7:00pm, Market Hall Foods Oakland: Marqués de Valdueza olive oil, vinegar and honey demo + food pairings
- Saturday, May 5th, noon–3:00pm, Market Hall Foods on 4th, Berkeley: Marqués de Valdueza olive oil, vinegar and honey demo + food pairings
- Thursday, May 10th, 3:00–6:00pm, Market Hall Foods Oakland: All things Ortiz, taste tapas made with Bonito del Norte tuna from Conservas Ortiz
- Thursday, May 17th, 3:00–6:00pm, Market Hall Foods Oakland: Arturo Sánchez Jamón Ibérico de Bellota, Spanish cheeses and olives (a.k.a. all the Spanish cheese plate essentials in one delicious tasting)
- Friday, May 18th, 11:00am–2:00pm, Market Hall Foods on 4th, Berkeley: Arturo Sánchez Jamón Ibérico de Bellota, Spanish cheeses and olives (a.k.a. all the Spanish cheese plate essentials in one delicious tasting)
Stock Up & Save: Build Your Own Spanish Pantry
Now is the time to throw open your cupboards and stack your shelves with all the Spanish essentials—these ingredients are the building blocks for so much deliciousness (Paella party, anyone?).
- The Annual Ortiz Fish Sale: 20% off tinned and jarred fish from renowned Spanish fish producer Conservas Ortiz
- 10% off Marqués de Valdueza extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and honey
- 10% off Merula extra virgin olive oil
- 10% off Agustí Torelló Spanish vinegars (pictured)
- 10% off Espelt Viticultors Spanish vinegars
*Special promotions valid in-store only, with the exception of the Annual Ortiz Fish Sale (valid online at markethallfoods.com with code ORTIZ20)
Top 5 Essential Spanish Products
(clockwise from top left in photos below)
- Las Hermanas Pimentón de La Vera DOP
- Bonito del Norte Tuna from Conservas Ortiz
- Marqués de Valdueza Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Matiz Valenciano Bomba Paella Rice
- Agustí Torelló Mata Dry Cava Vinegar
COOK LIKE A SPANIARD, ¡OLÉ!