Apr 14, 2019
Celebrating Extra Virgin Olive Oil in April and May
Where & When
It’s no secret, here at Market Hall Foods we love extra virgin olive oil. We have a lot of favorite foods, but Extra Virgin Olive Oil is sort of our thing. We carry only the finest extra virgin olive oils from producers we know personally, and we offer only current harvest oils in order to bring you the freshest possible product. This means scouring the globe for the best tasting oil, every year; working directly with producers and visiting their estates; and meticulously tasting and evaluating to bring you the best range of olive oils to suit any palate or purpose.
Stay tuned for our EVOO tasting schedule!
- Taste extra virgin olive oils at our tasting stations every day
- Learn from the EVOO experts—from how to know your olive oil is really extra virgin and the best ways to store your olive oil to our favorite ways to pour and cook with EVOO
- Olive oil tastings with the producers every weekend (stay tuned)
- Enjoy special prices and prizes (Yes, weekly EVOO giveaways!)
- and more!
Did You Know?
Our kitchens proudly use Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Almost 10 years ago, we made the decision to switch to using extra virgin olive oil exclusively in the Market Hall Foods kitchens. Our Prepared Foods Director (and resident EVOO expert and master taster), Sandy Sonnenfelt, works every year to develop a special blend for just for Market Hall Foods.
The blend is well-balanced and the quintessential all-purpose olive oil. It's ideal for everything from cooking and sautéing to dressings, marinades and sauces. This special blend is also essential to our bakery and is the key ingredient to customer beloveds like the Orange-Scented Olive Oil Cake and Challah.
Want to cook with our special blend at home? We sell it in bulk in our retail shops!
From Our Test Kitchen
Some of our favorite recipes featuring extra virgin olive oil
- Caprese Pasta Salad (psst, the secret ingredient is Calivirgin Basil Olive Oil)
- Spring Pea Purée with Marash Chili
- Umbrian Lentils with Roasted Cauliflower, Carrots & Carrot Top Chimichurri
- Muhammara Salad